Thursday, December 27, 2007

Holy Days

Well after an emergency appendectomy (I think all appendectomies are emergencies), a week in the hospital (4 days makes a week), and recovering right up to Christmas day, I have decided that these are holy days. I was able to see the Lord use me in the lives of people around me at the hospital, and I was blessed by so many while I was there. (although Mary had to tell me to stop talking about things – something about pain killers and my inability to discern between inappropriate, private, and funny) So then, I get home and see, once again, the faithfulness of God in other people using their gifts (20+ little angels singing in a Christmas musical that Sunday, complete with costumes and scenery) Our guest worship leaders, Terry and Kim Szalai (again the faithfulness of God), were a great blessing with Terry sharing a devotional on the peace of God – awesome – and their daughter Selah finding her way into the heavenly scene of angels, costume and all. God is good. Holy days.

I guess I’m still amazed that God uses me for His purposes. My time in the Word of God has been sweet. I love hearing from Him and being able to share that with others, and He’s used me to do that as I shuffled along to recovery. So then, caroling, great family time, wonderful handpicked and handmade gifts, lots of calorie laden chocolate with 24-karat gold sprinkles (?), Darrell and the group down in Mexico, looking forward to Roby Duke on New Year’s Eve in Napa, the San Francisco outreach… Holy days.

2 comments:

the.beauty&theashes said...

Oh Chris, my favorite bald guy (I mean in the sweetest sense), I love how you can take any situation and see God and beauty in it. You inspire me. You know that holiday means holy day (learned that from Dave.)?
Trista
until4ever.blogspot.com

C.A.L.M. said...

Merry Christmas, Blaustones! Hope you're feeling better, Chris!
Cisco.