Friday, November 30, 2007

One Another....

“Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.”
Colossians 3:16, 17
In these simple yet vast concepts, one phrase jumps out at me – “one another”. We are encouraged to teach and admonish each other. We can even use psalms, hymns, and songs to do it; even as we sing to the Lord! We, being different members, are one body. You and I need each other, because our Heavenly Father has designed us to be parts of the same body. And so, I thank the Lord for fellowship - in Him.

My question is this, are you considering His presence in all your relationships, today?

What a help for me in relating to others. His word, His wisdom, His grace, His praise, His name. All to His glory. And all of this is to be between you and me!

1 comment:

DeDe said...

Dear Chris, I came across your site, when I looked at the 'bible teachers listing' out of 41, I think there are only about 3 women. I enjoyed what you said about good Godly Christian fellowship, it is so needed. To 'spur' one another on to good works. May we do more 'spurring'.

you can reach me at http://butgod.blogspot.com/

or my teaching at: http://youthrillme.wordpress.com/

in Him, DeDe