Saturday, September 13, 2008

I Never Thought We'd Have More Children!

Well, I just never considered it, never looked at it that way. But, as of tomorrow, Mary and I are adding 5 children to our family. And 2 parents.

Natalie (also known as Nat, Shmatalie, Nary, Scratalie, Scratter Brains, and the like) is marrying Justin Dye. And if I remember correctly from 22 years ago when Mary and I were married, two family are coming together. Bob and Meredith Dye along with their 5 children - Justin, Jeremy, Colin, Caeleigh, and Maggie are joining our family - and we theirs. Very cool.

I know the traditional story of the father of the bride feeling as though he's losing his daughter, but really the joy of adding a son-in-law has challenged all those feelings and won. And for 2 main reasons. First, Justin is a wonderful young man. He has great character; he's been raised by 2 very godly parents; he has a wonderful family that will make great in laws rather than outlaws. Secondly, Natalie loves Justin very much (under statement). Their love for each other is definitely grace-based, which I'm sure will make a great foundation for their relationship and future family. And, it's not a faceless, loose understanding of grace, but a clear knowledge of the Living God in the face of Jesus Christ.

So, waking up this morning a little too early, I thought, "Oh, to blog again." And in the spirit of last night's rehearsal dinner toasts - my favorite was Maggie's, 6 yrs. old, "To Justin and Natalie, by favorite persons in the whole world" - I leave you with this...

To Justin and Natalie! And the whole Dye family!

2 comments:

Mary Blaustone said...

Cheers! I love them all...and you to, sweetie.

What We Believe said...

Chris,
Wow! Your daughter is married. All the emotions came flooding back to me yesterday.

It was SOOO great for you to be able to honor Natalie and Justin the way you did during your "father of the Bride" toast. For me, that was the highlight...hearing you be able to say such honoring things about Natalie and Justin. Wow!

Congrats to you and Mary. WE were so glad to be able to be there.

Bill & Debbie